GRIFONE WHITE BLEND: MAKING THE PERFECT MATCH
MAKING THE PERFECT MATCH /// GRIFONE WHITE BLEND + 'CROSTINI' STARTER
In this Episode, watch the famous Italian appetizer Crostini paired with GRIFONE WHITE BLEND (Organic)
- 1 small eggplant
- 8oz. mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf ciabatta or French bread $2.99
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chevre) $2.54
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dice the eggplant into small cubes. Slice the zucchini into quarter rounds and the red bell pepper into thin strips. Peel the carrot then slice on a bias into very thin rounds. Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining with foil and coating lightly with non-stick spray. Divide the chopped vegetables between the two baking sheets. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over each baking sheet, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables by hand to distribute the oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until soft and slightly browned on the edges.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. Mince the clove of garlic and whisk it together with the balsamic vinegar, Dijon, canola oil, olive oil, and honey until smooth. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste (I used about ¼ tsp salt and 10 cranks of a pepper mill).
- Slice the loaf of bread into at least 8 one-inch slices. Toast lightly in a toaster or in a dry skillet over medium heat. Drizzle a spoonful of balsamic vinaigrette over each piece. Crumble the goat cheese and add a light sprinkle (1/2 oz. or less) to each piece.
- When the vegetables are finished roasting, pile them onto the prepared toasts. Use any leftover vinaigrette to drizzle over top.